16 Firm Attorneys Named to 2011 Super Lawyers List
OAKLAND, Calif., Aug. 11, 2011 – Fourteen Wendel, Rosen, Black & Dean LLP attorneys have been honored as Northern California Super Lawyers and two have been named Northern California Rising Stars for 2011.
Northern California Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters rating service and publication, selects outstanding attorneys from more than 70 practice areas through a rigorous, multifaceted nomination process that comprises a statewide survey of lawyers, detailed peer review and extensive research of each candidate. Approximately five percent of the Northern California Bar received the distinction.
For the second consecutive year, approximately one-third of Wendel Rosen partners were named Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, representing the firm’s bankruptcy, business litigation, construction litigation, environmental, estate planning and real estate practices.
Also following suit from the 2010 edition, real estate litigation partner Charles Hansen was again named to the prestigious Top 100 List, Super Lawyers’ highest distinction.
This is the eighth Northern California Super Lawyers inclusion for six Wendel Rosen attorneys, each of whom has been honored every year since the inaugural list in 2004: Michael Cooper, Michael Dean, Elizabeth Engh, Charles Hansen, Howard Lind and Deanna Lyon.
The following Wendel Rosen attorneys are included in the 2011 Northern California Super Lawyers list:
• Mark S. Bostick – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Penn A. Butler – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Michael D. Cooper – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Michael A. Dean – Real Estate
• Elizabeth M. Engh – Estate Planning & Probate
• Bruce S. Flushman – Environmental
• Tracy Green – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Charles A. Hansen – Real Estate
• Howard W. Lind – Real Estate
• Deanna D. Lyon – Estate Planning & Probate
• Steven M. Morger – Real Estate
• Daniel Rapaport – Business Litigation
• Judith Y. Tang – Estate Planning & Probate
• R. Zachary Wasserman – Real Estate
The 2011 Northern California Rising Stars list recognizes attorneys who are 40 years old or younger or who have been practicing law for 10 years or less. Approximately two percent of the Northern California Bar received the distinction.
# # #